Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Why I am Blogging!

I always wanted to start a blog, but what was I going to say? I work, I take care of kids, I sleep! That blog would of been interesting. So on Friday the 13th, (creepy, huh) I got the results back from my sons chromosome panel.....1Q21.1 MICRODUPLICATION SYNDROME! What the hell is that? Of course, I start googling and all I see are posts on how rare this is, and how there is no information. Well, that was it. I was sick. My smart little boy has something wrong with him and there is nothing I can do about it, right? WRONG! I started from scratch. I started at 'what makes up the human body', and learned all about cells,DNA, chromosomes,etc. I went from googling 'define a cell' to reading actually medical journal reports! (now don't get me wrong, some of it is completely foreign to me, but I am understanding alot of it). Any how, the more I learn, the more I am pissed. Now this isnt meant to piss anyone off. I am just talking about my son, and what I think of these results. If I can relieve someone of the shock and absolute terror I experienced the second I heard these results, then I am happy. I also have a bunch of family and friends that keep calling, so I figure this is an easier way to let everyone know whats going on!!
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment